Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Letter to my dad

Dear Dad,
I am out with a pen and piece of paper in my hand, still blank and unable to decide what I want to write down. I thought of writing to you before but my hands never took the guts neither my head took the pain. I don’t know what I will be sharing today or what else I will miss out to share but I want you to read this and know that a son really cares for his dad and it is felt better when he closes his eyes thinking about the Almighty asking him if he really cares about the person (it’s you, dad) who brought him to this world irrespective of all the odds that usually a relation of dad and son quotes.
I have never hated you; I always hated the circumstances that make me think badly of you at that particular time. I have never blamed you; though I always blamed the person who seems to be responsible inside you whatsoever the reason making the situation worse for me at that time. I have never seen you promising me something neither getting the best for me and I know it’s reciprocal for you too.
However dad, this happened only because I have always expected something better without looking at the efforts you have put on me, drenching out blood and sweat every day at work just to secure my future. I feel embarrassed but I need to confess keeping my ego aside which built into my system long back ago when things went beyond the thoughts.
I thank you papa, not for what you have provided; for I will always feel you could have done a little better for me but I thank you for always being there with me, not listening to me but understanding the pain and pleasure my heartfelt at each and every moment. I know you can’t take the pain out of your eyes which will prove you feeble at mind but I am good enough to see the pain you take out being silent at times. I can’t ever tell you how much do I care for you, and miss you. I want myself to be a spirit who can take charge at anybody so that I can know what bothers and trouble you, what can make you the happiest person in this world so that I leave no stone unturned to turn up to your desires, wishes and expectations.
Hey dad, it isn’t a thanksgiving to you and I don’t want you to think the same. I just want you to feel whatever it’s inside me. You are indeed the best dad of the world and if you feel sorry for anything just remember the last written words of this letter.
                                                                                   Yours’ egoist son.
  


“I love you dad. You make me proud”.


No comments:

Post a Comment